365HIRE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Our Terms and Conditions of Hire or (T&Cs) will apply to all rentals that are booked through this website, or over any of our other booking platforms such as telephone bookings.
If booking online, or over the telephone with one of our booking advisors, a copy of our T&Cs will be attached alongside your booking confirmation email. If you book through other means such as email or directly through a branch, then a copy of our T&C’S will be made available upon collection of the vehicle. The T&C’s apply in conjunction with the use of the website, and should be read, understood and accepted before a vehicle is hired.
The T&C’s will apply for all vehicles being driven in the UK, and in another country.
A CONTRACT BETWEEN 365HIRE AND YOURSELVES WILL ONLY BE VALID IF THE RENTAL AGREEMENT HAS BEEN SIGNED, OR YOU HAVE COLLECTED THE VEHICLE, WITHOUT SIGNING A RENTAL AGREEMENT.
Additional drivers can be added to the registered driver’s rental agreement if we give full consent to this and they meet all our hire requirements and guidelines. All additional drivers must meet the age requirements for each vehicle (as shown on each vehicle on this website) and must provide their license and DVLA share code to us for verification prior to driving the hired vehicle. All additional drivers must attend the chosen branch with their license. Additional drivers can be added to your booking online. You will be made aware of any costs for additional drivers during the booking process online, or by speaking to one of our booking advisors on the phone or in branch.
The minimum age to hire from 365hire is 23, whilst the maximum age is 65. A young person’s surcharge may be added to each booking for drivers under the age of 25. Some vehicles, services and products are only available to drivers over the age of 25. Any age restrictions to vehicles will be indicated clearly on the profile of each vehicle on our website
Other than Assistance Dogs, no animals are allowed to be transported in any of our vehicles.
When travelling with an assistance dog, you will be responsible for the safety and well-being of the dog whilst in the vehicle. We do not provide any dog restraints or dog collars and you will be responsible for the behaviour of the dog whilst in the hire vehicle. It will be your responsibility to ensure that the dog is properly restrained whilst the vehicle is still and in motion, so the dog remains safe. The dog must be kept safe; and doesn’t cause any risk, distraction, or injury to you or the passengers travelling in the car with you.
We do not, under any circumstances accept liability for any damage caused to the vehicle, nor any injury caused to you, the passengers or the dog, as a result of failure to keep the dog under control at all times.
Please note, you will be required to return the vehicle in the same condition it was, at the start of your rental period (fair wear and tear expected). Should the vehicle be returned in dirty or damaged condition and specialist cleaning or repair is needed, to return it back to the normal condition; you will be liable for the specialist cleaning or repair to the damaged parts of the vehicle
Baby and Child Seats
UK Laws and regulations states that all children under the age of 36 months (3 years) must use a baby seat when travelling in any vehicle. All children aged 3 or over and up to 135cm in height (approx. 4ft 5in) must use a child booster seat for safety measures whilst travelling in any vehicle.
At all times, you will be responsible in ensuring the child’s safety is not compromised whilst travelling in the vehicle by ensuring a suitable child restraint is used always. Failure to adhere to these rules will result in a £30 fixed fee, or a fine of £500 if the case goes to court.
Baby, child and booster seats can be hired from us at a daily rate and booked online in the ‘Additional Products’ section. You can also hire these from us when booking directly from a branch or over the phone with a booking advisor.
Please note It will be your responsibility to securely fit these seats to the vehicle. We accept no lability for injury sustained.
Cancellation, Modification, Refund and No-Show Policy:
You may cancel or modify your booking within 24 hours of the collection time free of charge. You can do this by calling our reservation line. Failure to do so, will lead to late cancellation charges or no -show fees. Please also refer to section X [Cancelation or “No Show] of our Online Bookings Terms & Conditions.
Delivery & Collection –
‘Deliver & Collect’ is our delivery service where you can pay a fee to have the vehicle delivered or collected from your home, place of work, or at an hotel where you are a quest at.
Deliver & Collect is not available nationwide and is currently only available up to a set radius (40 miles) from our branches.
Deliver & Collect is provided subject to the following conditions:
- Full payment for the entire duration of the hire must be made when booking
- ‘Collect & Deliver’ service must be booked at the same time when booking your vehicle. Correct contact details be left in order to use this service.
Cost for ‘Deliver & Collect’
If you give us up to 24 hours’ notice or more:
Up to 5 miles from 365hire Branch: = £19.99 each way + £2 per mile
5 miles or more from 365hire Branch: = £9.99 each way + £2 per mile each way
Deliver & Collect is available:
· Monday to Friday 9-6pm
· Saturday 9-1pm.
· Sunday not available.
. Minimum booking notice
· Cars: 24 hours’ notice for home address and 24 working hours for business address.
· Vans: 24 working hours.
We will confirm all bookings and deliver your vehicle within 1 hour of the agreed time. Only you the registered driver can collect the vehicle. A rental agreement must also be signed. Your license and the payment card used to book must also be presented. Any outstanding payments for delivery/collection will be collected via chip and pin. We will not be able to leave the vehicle with anyone else other than the registered hirer.
Your home address which we deliver to must be the registered address on your card and also the registered address on your driving license. You must also be available to collect the vehicle and sign your rental agreement.
Your business address or an hotel:
You must give at least 24 working hours’ notice and we will require proof of your home address (as above), and either proof of your employment at the premises or your status as a guest (at the hotel) at the time of delivery and you must be available to accept delivery of the vehicle and to sign the Rental Agreement.
If you are unable to provide us with the required information then we may refuse to leave the vehicle, or we may ask you to complete the transaction at the 365hire branch
· We will Collect a vehicle from a home address or a business or an hotel address.
· You must be available to inspect the vehicle with us and to sign the collection paperwork when we come to Collect the vehicle
· All bookings will be confirmed by the 365hire branch and we will Collect the vehicle within a 2-hour time-frame based on your selected time at the time of making the booking.
· If we Collect a vehicle from an address that is different to the Deliver address then a one-way charge may be incurred. The cost of the one-way charge will depend on the distance between the Collect address and the 365hire branch. You will be notified of this one-way charge during the booking process.
. We reserve the right to suspend, cancel or amend our Deliver & Collect service at any time without giving prior notice.
. We reserve the right not to Deliver a car if you do not agree, or fail to comply, with any of these conditions
In addition to the cost of the daily rental charge you will be required to leave a security deposit. Deposits will be pre-authorised on the card used to make the booking. No money will actual leave your account, but a deposit amount will be preserved from being spent.
Driving Licence/Authorised Drivers:
- Must have held a full UK licence for at least 2 years.
- Must not have been convicted with more than 1 minor conviction within the last 3 years, from the date of conviction, of any of the following minor motoring offences; CU (except CU80) / LC / MW / PC / PL / SP / TS / MS (except MS50).
- Must not have been convicted within the last 4 years, from the date of conviction, of any of the following major motoring offences; AC / BA / CD / CU80 / IN / MR / MS50 / DR / XX / TT / UT / DD / DG.
- Must not have any prosecutions or police enquiries pending.
- Must not have had any accident, incident, fire or theft losses in the last 3 years.
- Must not have had any criminal convictions, unless they are no longer disclosable under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (ROA) as amended by the Legal Aid, Sentencing & Punishment of Offenders Act 2012 (LASPO)
Any driver that does not meet the above conditions must be referred to us for consideration of inclusion on to the policy. An additional premium or increased excess may be applied
All drivers must provide validation of their driving record each time they hire a Vehicle from us to drive in the UK. To do this they will need to use the DVLA online service “Share Driving Licence” (at https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence) to view and create a one-time passcode. To obtain the passcode the driver will be required to supply his/her driving licence number, National Insurance number and home postcode
If a driver is unable to obtain a passcode online then s/he should call the DVLA Customer Contact Centre on 0300 083 0013 (Mon – Fri 9am – 5pm). If this is not possible then provided the driver brings their National Insurance number with them when picking up a vehicle we can help them try to obtain the passcode by giving them access to Share Driving Licence.
For more information around the driving licence changes and guidance on using ‘Share Driving Licence’, drivers can visit: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/driving-licence-changes
Holders of the old-style UK paper licence must also provide a Share Driving Licence passcode together with an additional form of photographic ID which can be a Full Valid Passport, an Armed Forces ID Card or a Police Warrant Card. No other form of identification will be accepted.
Verifying Your Identity
We will verify your identity through your driving license, and DVLA share code which must be brought into branch when collecting your hire vehicle. Other forms of identification such as bank statements, or utility bills (dated within the last 3 months) must be provided at the branch before you can hire a vehicle from us. Your license and utility bill must be registered to the same address. Payment card must also show the hirers first name and surname and must be registered to the same address as the license and utility bill. All documents must be original, and not photocopies. We will not hire to anyone whose identification documents are copied or do not show the same name and address!
Non-UK driving licence holders must provide:
· A full and valid driving licence which has been held for a minimum of 12 months. It must be clearly identifiable as a driving licence; entitle the licence holder to drive the category of vehicle they wish to rent from us and valid for use in the UK. If these conditions cannot be met then an International Driving Permit1 will be required (as well as your home driving licence);
the following additional documentation: (i) Passport; and (ii) proof of entry into /exit out of the UK (e-tickets acceptable) .
1 If a Chinese driving licence is not accompanied by an International Driving Permit then we can accept a notary translation instead. If your home country doesn’t issue International Driving Permits then a Letter of Endorsement issued by your home country Embassy or Consulate is acceptable.
Fines & Charges
You are liable for the payment of all charges, fees & costs arising from any congestion charge, bus lane penalties, speeding fines, road traffic offence, or parking offence involving the vehicle, including costs from the vehicle being clamped, seized or towed away & any charges/costs (or failure to pay) of the appropriate organisation if & when they ask for these payments together with our administration fee.
Fuel Options and Refuelling Policy
All vehicles are supplied with a full tank of fuel at start of the hire period and you are responsible for the consumption of all fuel from the point the vehicle leaves the 365hire Branch.
If you collect the vehicle from the 365hire Branch and return it to a 365hire Branch yourself then, unless you have taken the Full Tank Option you must return the vehicle to us with a full tank of fuel. If you haven’t taken the Full Tank Option and you don’t return the vehicle with a full tank of fuel then we will charge you to top up the fuel tank with the missing fuel.
If you choose our Deliver & Collect service then you are responsible for the fuel we use to Deliver and the fuel we use to Collect the vehicle. The vehicle will leave the local 365hire Branch with a full tank of fuel. Unless you have taken the Full Tank Option (you are responsible for leaving the vehicle for us to Collect it with a full tank of fuel. If you do not (and you haven’t taken the Full Tank Option), if your collection point is outside of a 5 miles radius of the 365hire Branch, you will be charged for fuel used to top up the fuel tank when we have returned it to the 365hire Branch (so this will include the fuel used by us when we Collect the vehicle).
Whether you have chosen to collect the vehicle from and return it to the 365hire Branch yourself or to make use of our Deliver & Collect service then any necessary top-up of fuel will be charged at £0.30 per litre above the national average litre price published by the RAC at the following website address: https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/advice/fuel-watch/ plus, if applicable, a refuelling surcharge.
Insurance and Protection Provisions:
These are described in full under section under the ‘Optional Cover’ section
You will receive a final invoice once all elements of your rental have been settled. You will pay or be charged the full amount in one or in several lots as agreed between us.
If you book a vehicle online:
· You may decide to prepay for your booking, for example, the daily rental charge of the Vehicle and accessories for the Hire Period and for any additional services or products. Your means of payment will be debited by the agreed amount, but you will not receive an invoice for that prepayment as the confirmation email will be deemed the receipt for this. Once you have returned the Vehicle to us then we will establish whether any additional fees or charges apply and will supply an invoice to show the entire cost of the Hire Period. This invoice will be sent to you via email.
· If you decide not to prepay for your booking, you will be charged at the time you pick up your Vehicle for the amount of the rental charges for the Vehicle plus the deposit and for any accessories or additional services or products or additional Drivers or protections you decide to take out before you take the Vehicle away. The cost for this will be shown on the Rental Agreement and will be agreed with you before you sign the document. Any additional fees or charges will be charged, if applicable, when you return the Vehicle (if they can be calculated at that time) and we will supply an invoice to show the entire cost of the Hire Period. This invoice will be sent to you via email.
· If you have incurred extra costs such as fines or tolls or caused damage and/or loss to the Vehicle and/or accessories then we will charge you at a later date, together with any associated administrative charges if, after the Hire Period has terminated, we become aware of them.
Any property placed in the car or van is at your own risk and we take no responsibility for it.
Payments are collected by debit or credit card.
All prices include VAT unless we tell you otherwise.
Subject to certain restrictions a limited selection of our cars and vans may travel outside of the UK provided that:
· the vehicle will enter only the countries listed below;
· you have our prior consent; and
· you are carrying a valid VE103B 2 form; and
· you have purchased our 365hire Euro-Travel Breakdown cover
A Green Card is not necessary.
You must contact your 365hire branch either at the time of booking or at the point of checkout and before travelling to ensure your vehicle is not subject to any restrictions and to obtain the relevant consent. Please note that without the correct documentation (a valid VE103B form), you could be turned back from the border or the vehicle may be impounded, or you may be subject to, and liable for, a considerable charge.
Hirers can visit the following countries with permission from 365hire :
– Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Iceland, Republic of Ireland 4, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, San Marino, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.
Please note that no other countries are permitted travel areas for our rental vehicles
2 A VE103B form is the ONLY valid document giving owner’s permission to take a vehicle outside of mainland UK and acts as a duplicate of the Vehicle Registration Document. No letters or other documents should be used. The VE103B form is provided by the 365hire Branch at time of pick up or later by arrangement.
3 365hire Euro-Travel: Provides cover to ensure that both you and the car or van can be recovered in the event of the car or van becoming un-drivable as the result of an accident or through mechanical failure. You are responsible for ensuring the Vehicle has the correct equipment to comply with local driving regulations in the country you will be driving the Vehicle through or within
We very much hope you enjoy using the vehicle you rent from us. We do, however, appreciate that from time to time things can go wrong. If they do, we’d very much like to hear from you so we can see if there is anything we can do to put things right.
If you feel the need to complain, please contact us by phone on 0203 322 6515 (which will be charged at the standard rate from a BT landline (or similar) but other networks will vary depending on your service provider) or by email to email@example.com and we’ll try to resolve your issue.
If you prefer, you can write to us in the UK at Unit 4 Cliffside Industrial Estate, Askew Farm Lane, Grays, Essex RM17 5XR. Whether you call us or write to us we’ll aim to respond to your complaint within 10 working days of receiving your communication. If we can’t respond in these timescales, we’ll tell you why and let you know when we aim to come back to you.
365HIRE ONLINE BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
We advise that you take time to read our Online Booking Terms & Conditions as well as Our Standard Rental Terms & Conditions, as you will be asked to confirm that you have read and understood our terms before a vehicle can be hired. By not accepting our terms, we will be unable to provide you with a vehicle.
By reading our terms it will help you to:
- Understand what to expect from us
- Get all the necessary information to help you plan your rental
- Understand what we require from you to help you complete your booking successfully
I. Online Booking Process
The following are the main steps to making an online booking:
(i) First Step: Selection of the service
Enter your rental criteria in the online booking form including rental dates, times, and rental location.
(ii) Second Step : 365hire’s offer
Based on the criteria you provide, 365hire will provide you with an offer matching your needs in the form of a detailed recapitulation. The ‘offer’ is legally defined as: – a service which includes a selected vehicle category available for a chosen duration with selected options (if any) – a rate which can be either a prepaid rate or a pay on arrival rate – some terms and conditions.
(iii) Third Step : Acceptance of the offer
You will be asked to enter the hirers details, to accept the 365hire offer. You must also agree to all 365hire’s Terms & Conditions.
(iv) Fourth Step : Confirmation
Here you can view your booking summary and make payment for the service.
(v) Fifth Step : 365hire notification
365hire will send you a booking confirmation including the reservation number. The confirmation notice will include the details of your reservation. Included will also be a list of documents to bring with you to your hire branch when collecting your vehicle.
II. Confirmation of Reservation by 365hire
At the end of the booking process you will be taken to the “Reservation Confirmation” page; the reservation number will be highlighted. You will also receive a confirmation email containing the details of your reservation. Please print these and keep them for your records.
III. Reservation constraints
– we can accept bookings for same-day rental with at least 2 working hours advance notice; – we can accept bookings for rental made up to 10 months in advance.
General Minimum Rental Duration:
– The minimum rental period is 1 day. 1 day is interpreted as a period of 24 hours. Included in this 24-hour period is the time wherein you collect and return the rental vehicle. Rentals of less than 24 hours will be charged a full day’s rate. Certain vouchers and promotional rates require a specific minimum to qualify.
Maximum Rental Duration :
– we can accept bookings for a maximum rental duration of 84 days.
Your 365hire rental quote considers all mandatory charges corresponding to your reservation criteria. This quote generally includes the following items:
– Value Added Tax or any other local tax – Unlimited Mileage, or if this is not the case, the clear number of kilometres/miles included, with the cost of each extra kilometre/mile – Premium station surcharge – Road tax and licence fee surcharge – Third party liability insurance – Collision Damage Waiver (“CDW”) – Theft Waiver (“TW”) CDW and TW may be merged together in Loss Damage Waiver (“LDW”). An excess amount displayed at time of reservation indicates the maximum amount of money you are liable for in the event of damage to or theft of the vehicle. This excess amount may be waived in some countries by purchasing optional additional protection at time of rental.
The list of these charges are printed on the reservation confirmation
The rates are guaranteed for the rental associated to the confirmed booking.
Additional charges to your basic rental rate may include:
– Additional Driver charge: when there is more than one driver associated with a rental, the second, or subsequent, driver is referred to as the additional driver. There may be a charge applied for each, or all, additional drivers. – Young driver surcharge: see our section “Insurance and Protections”. – Premium Location / Airport / Railway Service Charge: an additional charge which applies at certain central-city, airport, or railway locations – Any additional equipment: please review our section Special Car Equipment – After hour service: If you pick up or return the car outside the normal opening hours, we may bill “after hours service”. Please check at reservation and/or check out time. – Full tank option:, you have the choice of pre-paying your refuelling service. – Damages & Theft: up to the limit of the waiver excess if this protection has been subscribed to, otherwise up to the limit of the vehicle’s value.
V. Payment / Credit card
“Book and Pay now” – On line booking – Prepayment (payment at the time of booking):
When opting for “prepaid rate(s)” online, payment of the full estimated amount will be required at time of booking.
“Book and Pay at station” – Payment at station
Certain credit card companies may not be represented in the country where the rental takes place. We recommend that customers verify the credit card acceptance rules in the “36hire Standard Terms & Conditions in advance”.
B. Means of payment
Payment can me made using the following means of payment:
– Credit card(s):
Credit cards usually accepted within 365hire are “American Express”, “Diners Club”, “Mastercard” and “Visa”
Payment using credit(s) card(s) is (are) accepted in accordance with the limits authorised by your credit card issuer;
The credit card holder (in case of a prepaid booking) must be identified as the renter (the “Main driver” to be mentioned on the rental agreement). Such person must present his/her credit card (identified with the same name) at time of “Check Out”.
– Debit card(s):
Warning: Debit card(s) are NOT accepted at time of reservation or rental except:
– “Visa Electron” card(s) that are accepted for online payment at some rental destinations.
Warning: Customers who do not possess any other credit card in addition to the “Visa Electron” must ensure their account holds sufficient funds for the deposit to be charged at “Check-out”.
Payments in cash or by cheque can only be made:
– for domestic rental;
– for rentals of vehicles classified as “Lowest categories” (such as: “Mini” or “Economy”).
Payments in cash or by cheque are furthermore subject to:
– additional references;
– maximum ceiling amount;
as set forth in the relevant “365hire Specific Terms & Conditions”
C. Deposit – Transaction authorisation
During the rental
At time of “Check-out”:
At time of “Check-out” – after confirmation or amendment of the booking details with the customer – 365hire estimates the amount required for authorisation and requests an electronic authorisation from the card holder’s issuing bank (the “Deposit”).
The authorisation procedure allows 365hire to assess the final transaction amount and receive the protection of an authorisation before the start of the rental period. It confirms that the card holder’s bank account is valid and within the available spending limit.
Warning: Amount of deposit depends on the local policy of the “Check out” station(s)
From a general perspective it may be underlined that:
– The amount of deposit usually covers:
– the vehicle rental agreement period ;
– the vehicle rental rate per day including tax;
– possible mileage charges;
– additional equipment(s) and services customer has selected.
– The amount of deposit stays valid for the length of the rental agreement period. For rental agreements longer than thirty (30) days, a new estimated authorisation for each periodic amount is requested by 365hire from the card holder’s bank account
The amount of deposit subject to authorisation is expressly mentioned on the rental agreement.
At time of “Check-in”:
If the final charged amount for the car rental services rendered is below the authorisation amount at time of “check-out” then an additional authorisation shall be requested to cover the amount due.
VI. Qualification at time of rental: Documentation & age limit
For important information concerning age limits, driving licences and other requested documents, please read our Standard Rental Terms and Specific Terms
VII. Changes to reservation: Modification / Cancellation Policy
If you have not prepaid for your rental then you may modify or cancel your rental free of charge up to the time of pick up.
Please note that you must be logged on under the same 365hire driver ID under which the reservation was made in order to modify, cancel, or delete reservations. Failing this, you will also be able to amend online reservations made or modified by calling us.
In the case of prepaid reservations, modification/cancellation fees may apply: you will be notified at the time of modification/cancellation. The amount initially charged will be refunded on your credit card number if the required notice is given.
VIII. Guaranteed reservation Policy
The 365hire rental location (check out location) is required to provide, within a given period, the requested vehicle category as confirmed at time of booking and subject to the renter meeting rental requirements.
A confirmed reservation is guaranteed for one of the following periods until the closing time of the rental location on the given date:
- For one (1) hour after the due check out time for the standard level of service,
- For two (2) hours for the Ready service at a Ready rental location,
- For three (3) hours for First cardholders at any rental location,
- For no limit of hours for any prepaid booking.
IX. Liability – Applicable Law Competent court
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages. Accordingly, some of the above limitations set out in this article may not apply. In particular, nothing in these terms and conditions will affect the statutory rights of any consumer or exclude or restrict any liability for death or personal injury arising from the negligence or fraud of 365hire. You expressly acknowledge and agree that 365hire, its officers, directors, employees will not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to: damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if 365hire has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from the online booking.
X. Cancelation or “No Show”
If you did not cancel your reservation up to 24 hours prior to the due pick up date and time and fail to collect your vehicle prior to the closing time of the branch, full cost of the hire will be charged by 365hire. This amount will be charged either in local currency or in your card billing currency, where applicable and at the exchange rate & conditions valid at time of transaction.
For same day cancelations on same day bookings, a 50% fee of the overall booking price will be charged.
XI. Force Majeure
Neither party shall be liable for failure in its performance hereunder caused by any case of Force Majeure. “Force Majeure” shall be considered – as defined by the applicable regulation(s) – as any irresistible or unforeseeable event, independent of the party suffering of the case of Force Majeure, which prevents this party from fulfilling its obligations.
So that in the case:
– of a prepaid booking; the transaction will be cancelled, and the renting station will refund to you the prepaid rental charge that has been collected. The renting station will have no further obligations with respect to the transaction; – of a guaranteed reservation; the reservation will expire; a No-Show fee will not be charged to you and the renting station will have no further obligations with respect to the transaction.